3.19.2013

Everybody Knows Somebody.

Who do you know? 
Make a list of your 4 top friends. If you don't have a top four, the last four people you talked to today!
Chances are 1 out of these 4 people has struggled or will struggle with depression at some point in their life. 
So, who DO you know? 


This is what we look like when we laugh. Cute right?

Completely Unrelated and Goofy: Alyson & I are sitting at Red Mango at the present time. Across the room there is a girl confessing her obsessive compulsive dating habits. Here are some direct quotes she commented to her darling grandmother: "I just realize that I should only be dating one person at a time. I mean one night I'm going out with Kody (name has been changed for confidentiality's purposes) and then the next night I'm with Dylan. They both just tell me how much they adore me." 

If you're Kody or Dylan, you have now been warned. 

Clearly we are both single... and seriously have been sitting on these comfy Red Mango benches peeing our pants. AND planning for hours about upcoming blog posts!


In the Meantime: Alyson & I have some super exciting plans for this blog too secret to share. But stay tuned! We will be posting every day for the next week!

If you have any questions about depression or really anything at all you'd like to see on the blog feel free to email us at thedesertdaisies@gmail.com!


Source: http://facts.randomhistory.com/random-facts-about-depression.html

2 comments:

Kiri said...

I love this blog, and I love the message you are sending. I think it is so important, and I admire you girls for reaching out. My roommate and I both suffered from depression last semester, and a few weeks ago, I wrote a song for her about coping with it. Give it a listen! And keep up the fantastic work. I will definitely keep this blog on my bookmarks. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_XlwabdApg

Unknown said...

Kiri! That was absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing that with us. Would you mind emailing the lyrics to us? We would love to post them on here with your video! You are so talented.