3.26.2013

Sometimes I Get So Lonely I Wish I Was Alone

One of the talented girls we went to high school with , Kiri, was kind enough to send us these lyrics to her song about her experience with depression! Check out her video posted here. Thank you so much for sharing this, Kiri! It's truly beautiful and very adequately describes how depression really feels.


Sometimes
Sometimes I cry to remind myself I still can
Sometimes I question everything that makes me who I am
Sometimes I turn around just to see where I've been
Sometimes I look forward and forget the mess I'm in
Sometimes I get so lonely that I wish I was alone
Sometimes I refuse to even answer the phone
Sometimes I lie in bed all the way until noon
Sometimes I sigh and hope that the end will come soon
Well I know sometimes I'll face defeat
But I know sometime I'll get back on my feet
The cold days will fly by
The sun will warm the sky
But til then, just let me cry
Sometimes I can't manage a laugh or even a grin
Sometimes I feel apathy crawl back in
Sometimes I can't sleep a wink until dawn
Sometimes I feel all my passion is gone
Sometimes it hurts trying to let things go
Sometimes I feel things that I don't always show
Sometimes I don't want to wake up anymore
Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing it all of this for
Well I know sometimes I'll face defeat
But I know sometime I'll get back on my feet
All I can do is try
Though I don't quite know why
But for now, just let me cry

1 comment:

Suzzie Vehrs said...

I love this. I found you through we and serendipity and even though I don't really struggle with depression, I know a LOT of people who do, and it just seems so hard. I am glad you guys are speaking out about it and helping others.