11.14.2013

The Problem with Being Human...

I am a human. A mistake-making, accident prone human. I have flaws, lots and lots of them.
I often suffer from short-term memory loss. I rarely drive the speed limit.
And I have yet to go a day without being embarrassingly late to an event.

I was reading an article the other day about a woman who was constantly running late. As she walked her kids in to school every day to write yet another tardy excusal, she anxiously scrambled to come up with some kind of reason for their tardiness.
Finally one day she decided that it was time to stop making excuses; she was late and that's just how it was. That day her kids' excusal note was much different than the others. On it she wrote, "Well, in the Smith family, we tend to always run a little behind. We are humans and let's be honest, we're all a little tired."

I LOVED this story. It showed me that it's okay to have shortcomings and flaws- we all have them whether we admit it openly or not. But we all have the choice to put Christ's atonement into practice as we seek forgiveness and try our best to do better.

The other day I was thinking about the many flaws I possess and wondering how on earth I will ever find someone who loves me enough to see past those things. Then I realized that there is already someone who knows everything about me, and still loves me- in fact He loves me so much that He atoned for all of my sins. And that person is our Savior: Jesus Christ. I love Him with all of my heart, and I know that through Him these flaws and weaknesses that we all possess can be made into great strengths.

This video perfectly demonstrates my feelings on the subject of being human. Although it is simplistic, its concepts are filled with depth.


I encourage you to find a flaw and take it to the Lord. Ask for His help and I know He will make up for things in which you may lack. If you fail again, keep trying and don't ever give up.

{Hannah}







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that video! it is so powerful and your words are so beautifully written!