9.03.2014

Bon Voyage! To London I Go!

If you were to wander into my room at this hour, you would more likely than not experience quite a fright as I am currently sitting on the floor next to my bed because every other square inch of my bedroom is covered in stuff I am taking with me across the pond to a little town called LONDON, ENGLAND! As I have been sitting here "packing," I couldn't help but feel the need to blog. For several reasons:

First and foremost, because I am living in another country for four months and that feels blog-worthy.
Secondly because my whole family decided to all go to bed at 9:45 this evening and I am JUST getting started!
BUT thirdly and most importantly I HAD to blog to express to you of the love I feel for my Heavenly Father. I wish I could adequately concoct the words necessary to convey my love for this perfect, loving and dear Heavenly Father of ours, but alas I know words can only do so much. However, this blog is a blog of many words so here is my humanly imperfect attempt. 

Now you all know by now that I am NOT a perfect person by any means. I struggle with countless self-doubts and inadequacies. And even though there are a lot of theories and questions I am still unsure of, there is one thing I will always know for certain: I Heavenly Father who loves me. 

His love is the kind of love that is unwavering. His love is the kind that moves mountains. His love is the kind that brings us closer to each other. His love is the kind of love that led a person named Joseph Smith to a grove of trees on a spring morning in Palmyra, New York some odd years ago. It is this love, the love of our Heavenly Father and our brother, Jesus Christ, that brings me this joy. 

I'm not happy because I'm going to London (although I'm ecstatic about that!) I'm not happy because I got super lucky today or something really awesome happened. In fact, I am not even simply happy. This feeling isn't happiness; it is joy. Joy because I know there is a God in heaven who lives; it is a joy that comes from knowing that an almighty being loves me and knows me, Hannah Karen Wood. 

My dear readers, if you forget every single thing I have ever written on this humble blog of mine, I hope you will at least remember this: God lives and God loves you. He really does. I see Him in the mountains around my home. I see Him in the uplifting texts I get from people who "coincidentally" knew I was having a bad day. I see Him in the love that I feel for a friend who is struggling. I see Him without even really seeing Him. 

How do you see Him? When was the last time you sat down on the floor next to your bed and really pondered how you've seen God in your life? Is He there? And if you feel like He's not, seek Him. And I promise you will find Him. 

May you find God in your life is my hope for you. 

Cheers, 

Hannah 

No comments: