5.05.2013

When Discouragement Sets In...


Do you ever feel like this? 
Like your mind is doing 2,857 things at once? 
One of the crazy things about women that I don't think men will ever be able to truly fathom is our ability to constantly be doing a million different things. We can miraculously be typing on the computer, while planning meals for the next week while listening for the laundry to be done while talking on the phone, while "Pinterest"ing, while eating lunch.
I realize that not all of you are juggling these things specifically but if you're a woman then you know exactly what I'm referring to. 

Often times I have felt discouraged by the insane amount of things I feel that I need to be doing. 
There are so many things in the Gospel that I feel I  can work on: 
being kinder, serving more, reading scriptures with better purpose, the list goes on and on. 

It's no wonder that so many women find themselves in a stupor of depression. With so many things we can be doing better and fixing, it makes perfect sense for women to get lost in feelings of inadequacy. 
I have definitely had my fair share of struggles with these feelings of being overwhelmed with so many things I could be doing better. This became especially difficult during my long run with depression. 
I always felt there were so many things I needed to change and do better in my life that I just didn't even know where to start! 

'This is where I learned to FOCUS. I learned to close the 2,856 tabs in my brain and just keep ONE open that I could give my full attention. After putting this into practice, I realized that I could accomplish so many things! 

Now there are definitely times when more than one tab simply HAS to be open as we are all obligated to be doing many different things; however, I learned that when I could focus on just one thing to do better, I witnessed incredible results. 

Every week I make a list of three little goals. They are never anything monumental or unrealistic. ("Don't eat sugar all week long," yeah that's just not going to happen.)
They are always just some simple tiny things I could do better! So here they are: my small and simple goals for the week.
Goals
1. Go to the temple. Just once. Totally doable!
2. Read at least one chapter of the Book of Mormon this week. 
3. Exercise at least four times. 

What are your goals for the week? 
The intention is to focus on just a couple of tabs a day and finally give these goals the undivided attention they deserve. 

Hope you have a wonderful spring Sunday! 
{Hannah}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your site have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to send you an email.
I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

Visit my page :: click the next document

Unknown said...

Yes we do have a contact page! Right under contact on our home page :) but to make it easier, here is our email! We would love your feedback!

thedesertdaisies@gmail.com

Thank you,
Hannah